Saturday, May 11, 2013

Plant-Based Diet: Getting Started

After watching all the documentaries about switching to a mostly plant-based diet, I was convinced to change my diet.  I'm not ready to go completely vegetarian or vegan, but I definitely want to make healthier choices.  After all, you are what you eat!  I started out by having meatless Mondays, but I didn't know what else to do to make the transition easier. My sister, who convinced me to watch the documentaries in the first place, made it a little easier for me by sending me some helpful books.


I love the "Skinny Bitch" series.  If you haven't heard of them, look them up!  These books go over everything: from where to shop, to nutrition, to recipes.  If you're thinking of starting a healthier lifestyle, definitely go on Amazon and get these!  They made the process less intimidating by showing how easy it really is.  You can still eat lasagna, "meat"loaf, and "meat"balls made completely vegetarian and you'll never know the difference.  There are some great swaps out there, you just need to find out about them.  


No comments:

Post a Comment