Tuesday, May 7, 2013

5 Documentaries That Will Change Your Life

I'm pretty sure I know how you feel about wanting to be healthy: "it sounds like a great idea...but I'll get around to it later." Yeah, trust me, I've been there too, but here's a list of 5 documentaries on Netflix that will make you want to change now!  After watching just one I couldn't wait to include more veggies in my diet, after the second, I knew I wanted a healthier, plant-based diet.  I watched the others just because I craved more information. These made the transition to a healthier lifestyle so seamless and pain free that even my steak-loving boyfriend couldn't resist.

1. Forks Over Knives
This is probably the most interesting and my favorite!  It focuses on the studies of Dr. T. Colin Campbell and Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn.  They show through studies how degenerative diseases can be controlled and reversed in some cases, all by just switching to a healthier plant-based diet.  Definitely a good documentary to start your journey with. 






2. Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead
This one is about Joe Cross and his efforts to regain his health by juicing for 60 days straight.  It's amazing how quickly the human body can heal with a healthy diet, but it's still a little extreme for  me to try.  However, it still inspired me to get a juicer to include in my diet.
 3. Hungry For Change
This documentary gives you more information about the benefits of eating healthy, such as weight loss, younger looking skin, and energy.  It also discussed the ethical and political implications of our current food system.







4. Food Matters
Again, this is a documentary that talks about food being our medicine.  It focuses on raw food, which isn't something I'm willing to dive into completely, but still gives you great information.  It also touches on topics like organic food and food safety.






5. Ted Talks: Chew On This
These are series of talks from scientists, chefs, farmers and foodies about the truth of food.  It touches on pretty much all topics, like obesity in children, famine, sustainability and cooking. Very very entertaining.

Trust me, you're not going to regret watching any of these! 
They'll literally save your life.



1 comment:

  1. I've seen all of these and they are truly inspiring. I highly recommend them!

    ReplyDelete